Global Health Systems Solutions (GHSS) is a non-governmental and not for profit organization dedicated to seeking innovative solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases. We focus in three key areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and prevention; enhance field surveillance and epidemiological training for relevant animal and human-health to mitigate threats posed by diseases; and improve service delivery at all health levels.
Our major collaborators include Ministries of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Africa Centers for Disease Control, Mastercard Foundation and several bi-lateral organizations.
We are currently seeking for 57 outstanding, qualified and experienced individuals for the positions of Vaccinators, Recorders and COVID-19 Testing staff to dispense vaccines, keep records and carry out testing at vaccination centers for a COVID-19 vaccination program in Cameroon.
GHSS is seeking skilled and motivated persons that will work in Vaccination Centers to support the Ministry of Health to fight the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccination services to the general population. The selected candidate should be available to start work immediately and should be a Cameroonian who is not currently working with the civil service and available to work every open day from 8 AM to 5 PM
SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
The selected individual shall provide effective, efficient, and safe vaccination services including but not limited to:
- administer vaccine to persons desiring to be vaccinated who do not have identified contraindications,
- Vaccinate people using appropriate administration method,
- Alert Vaccination Supervisor when supplies drop below specific assigned threshold quantities,
- Adhere to infection control procedures,
- Answer client questions within scope of training/qualifications,
- Report disruptions and changes in client flow, report to Vaccination Supervisor,
- Provide routine progress and/or status reports to Vaccination Supervisor as needed,
- Alternate roles with assisting role as needed,
- Review forms to administer proper vaccine type,
- Document location where vaccine was administered,
- Register all persons who have taken the COVID-19 vaccine and issue them vaccination cards,
- Communicate any reported Severe adverse events,
- Report project key performance indicators data to the Data Manager,
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum of advanced level with professional qualification diploma or certificate in the related field of nursing/Lab technician/vaccination/public health related field is required.
- Proven track record in the area of vaccination,
- Minimum of 1-2years’ Experience in the field of vaccine administration,
- Strong work ethics is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English or French as well as excellent technical writing skills and
- Computer literacy
PLACE OF WORK:
- Yaounde, Douala, Bamenda, Garoua and Bafoussam
DURATION OF CONTRACT:
- 3 months renewable
- The salary for this position is very competitive, attractive and negotiable
It is highly expected from the selected individual to maintain the highest level of confidentiality to the information provided before, during and after the completion of the assignment. He/she shall practice highest standard of professional and ethical values and norms in providing this services.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
The complete application files comprising
- an application for employment,
- a letter of motivation indicating the preferred work location and position,
- a Curriculum vitae and scanned copies of all certificates,
- two letters of recommendation from Health Actors (Heads of health facilities or vaccination centers) that indicate that you are suitable for the position for which you are applying and
- an up to date COVID-19 vaccination certificate
can be submitted online via firstname.lastname@example.org, or at GHSS head office at Denver Bonamoussadi, Douala from 9am – 2pm, Monday to Friday.
DEADLINE: 25th February 2023.
NB: We strongly welcome early applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.