JOB ADVERT AT GLOBAL HEALTH SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS FOR THE POSITION OF MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Global Health Systems Solutions (GHSS) is a non-governmental and not for profit organization dedicated to seeking innovative solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases. We focus in three key areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and prevention; enhance field surveillance and epidemiological training for relevant animal and human-health to mitigate threats posed by diseases; and improve service delivery at all health levels.
Our major collaborators include Ministries of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Africa Centers for Disease Control, Mastercard Foundation and several bi-lateral organizations.
We are currently seeking for ten (10) outstanding, qualified and experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officers for a COVID-19 vaccination program in Cameroon.
- PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the M&E team/function is:
- To monitor grant implementation, the setting of targets, and the achievement of results;
- To provide strategic information for programmatic improvements and adjustments;
- To support learning and the application of data to continuously improve the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the Cameroon Emergency COVID-19 program;
- To report to the administration on results and progress of the Fund, and respond to other Donor needs;
- To put in place data collection mechanisms to inform the funder’s evaluation.
Under the overall guidance of the Principal Investigator and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the lead Monitoring and Evaluation officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the system development, and ensuring the quality of the COVID-19 Monitoring and Reporting system including result management of COVID-19 response activities of the site supervisors, the CHWs and the implementing partners (MoHS, and CSOs).
Covid-19 Reporting System Development and Operationalisation
- Develop and/ or modify indicators, operational definitions and guidance note in conformity to changing Access’s response to COVID-19;
- Ensure that the indicators sufficiently capture implementation results for donor accountability and internal learning;
- Collaborate with the system development focal in the development and customization of COVID-19 reporting system (database, reporting templates, etc…);
- Collect the feedback from implementing partners about using the reporting system and suggest modifications to improve the system as necessary;
- Ensure the compliance of implementing partners with GHSS’ guidance on using reporting forms/ sheets and timely reporting;
- Systematically document system-related challenges faced throughout the reporting cycle and feed the team for the future development of web-based reporting.
Ensure System Quality and Consistency
- Act as a focal technical person to organize/ provide trainings and sharing sessions on ECHO on COVID-19 vaccination reporting to funders and other implementing partners;
- Clarify the questions and queries raised by MHOs, site supervisors and data managers to ensure a common understanding of indicators.
Promote System Use
- Lead the analysis, interpretation and communication of the results at the program level to inform senior management of significant findings to drive appropriate programmatic and strategic decisions;
- Contribute to the preparation of donor reports in close collaboration with system development focal and program/strategy teams as necessary.
- Serve as a focal person to coordinate and collaborate with internal COVID-19 vaccination Information Unit to exchange knowledge and information related to possible data sources for internal COVID-19 Vaccination M&E;
- Keep abreast of needy areas and inform any opportunities/issues impacting GHSS’ COVID-19 interventions in Cameroon;
- Closely work with other team members of GHSS to ensure the harmony of work and proper COVID-19 information flow among the team members;
- Perform any other tasks as may be requested by GHSS management.
- Master’s degree preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation, Public Health, Statistics, Social science, Management information systems, Public administration, Development Studies, Economics or other relevant fields;
- Formal qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation will be a strong asset.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working with health programs is required;
- Strong experience in the establishment of reporting system using database, dashboard reporting and/or information system management;
- Work experience in reporting of emergency response programs is a strong asset;
- Prior experience of involvement in any activities related to COVID-19 response and/or reporting is desirable;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are required.
Interested candidates should be ready to work anywhere within the national territory.
- CONTRACT DURATION
One (01) year renewable.
The salary for this position is very competitive, attractive and negotiable.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
The complete application file comprising a motivation letter, a CV with three referees and copies of diplomas can be submitted online via firstname.lastname@example.org, or at GHSS head office situate at Denver layout, Bonamoussadi Douala from 9am – 3pm, Monday to Friday.
- DEADLINE: 10th October 2022.
NB: We strongly welcome early applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OFFRE D’EMPLOI A GLOBAL HEALTH SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS POUR LE RECRUTEMENT DE DIX GESTIONNAIRES DE DONNEES