JOB ADVERT AT GLOBAL HEALTH SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS FOR THE POSITION OF DATA MANAGER
Global Health Systems Solutions (GHSS) is a non-governmental and not for profit organization dedicated to seeking innovative solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases. We focus in three key areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and prevention; enhance field surveillance and epidemiological training for relevant animal and human-health to mitigate threats posed by diseases; and improve service delivery at all health levels.
Our major collaborators include Ministries of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Africa Centers for Disease Control, Mastercard Foundation and several bi-lateral organizations.
We are currently seeking for ten (10) outstanding, qualified and experienced Data Managers for a COVID-19 vaccination program in Cameroon.
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the Principal Investigator and the direct supervision of the Project Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation officers, the incumbent will:
- Coordinate and collate all data related to COVID-19 vaccines in the assigned COVID 19 vaccination centre;
- Monitor the completeness and timeliness of Covid-19 vaccine introduction data as well as AEFI-related data;
- Ensure vaccination coverage and vaccine stock data is accurately captured and monitored by the target population;
- Conduct detailed analysis of data collected to guide interventions to improve coverage using available databases including DHIS2 whenever possible;
- Support COVID vaccine coverage and supply data use for planning and decision-making;
- Support the preparation of data presentations using analyzed data and PowerPoint presentations;
- Support analysis of routine immunization data to guide interventions;
- Support data management capacity-building activities;
- Assist with any other COVID-19 vaccine data management-related activities as requested by the Project manager;
- Closely work with other team members of GHSS to ensure the harmony of work and proper COVID-19 information flow among the team members.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management programs and processes (data quality, analysis and use techniques);
- Ability to work independently under pressure without close supervision and to deliver high-quality work on-time;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team including effectively working with policy-makers and partners;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good computer skills.
- Essential: Minimum 2 years of experience in area of program data management or its related field;
- Desirable: Experience with international organizations is an advantage.
Candidates should be holder of University Bachelor’s degree in Medical Sciences or related field or its equivalent professional training. A background in public health will be preferred.
- WORK LOCATION
Interested candidates should be ready to work anywhere within the national territory.
- CONTRACT DURATION
One (01) year renewable.
The salary for this position is very competitive, attractive and negotiable.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
The complete application file comprising a motivation letter, a CV with three referees and copies of diplomas can be submitted online via email@example.com, or at GHSS head office situate at Denver layout, Bonamoussadi Douala from 9am – 3pm, Monday to Friday.
- DEADLINE: 10th October 2022.
NB: We strongly welcome early applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.