Global Health Systems Solutions (GHSS) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization dedicated to seeking innovative solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases. We focus in three key areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and prevention; enhance field surveillance and epidemiological training for relevant animal and human-health to mitigate threats posed by diseases; and improve service delivery at all health levels.
Our major collaborators include: Ministries of Health, World Health Organization, the United State Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and several bi-lateral organizations.
Purpose: We are currently seeking outstanding and competent individuals for the following position:
Cashier: One (01)
Work Location: Buea
Contract Duration: One year
Salary: Attractive, Competitive, and Negotiable
Duties and Responsibilities :
The successful candidate shall be required to perform the following duties:
- Safekeeping of petty cash funds and making reasonable petty cash disbursements to GHSS staff
- Effectively control invoices and payment vouchers to ascertain their accuracy, relevance, validity and compliance with the internal control and financial management policies and procedures of GHSS before effecting payments.
- Plan, forecast and alert the need for petty cash replenishment so as to timely meet short-term obligations
- Disburse cash against properly prepared and duly authorized invoices
- Cash withdrawal from organization’s bank account to replenish petty cash
- Prepare and submit weekly cash receipts and expenditure reports to the Financial Director.
- Assist the accountant in filing and retrieving financial documents/information from the electronic and hard copy filing system
- Readily provide useful information and assist the accountant/finance officer in preparing financial reports
- Assist the accountant in effecting bank reconciliations.
- Perform other related tasks
Qualification: Higher National Diploma (HND) or a degree in any Finance/commercial field of study. A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, will be added advantage.
We strongly welcome early applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit the complete application files comprising; an application for employment, letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and scanned copies of all certificates.
Submission of Applications: Online submission via: email@example.com, or physical submission at our head office at GHSS Denver Bonamoussadi Douala, or at our South West regional office Buea;at Frida’s Farm Building, Bonduma.Opening hours for receipt of applications: 9am – 2pm, as from January 3rd to January 27th, 2022.
Check details on our website: www.ghsscm.org
Deadline: 07th January 2022
N.B: Applicants should be bilingual (fluent in English and French language)