Global Health Systems Solutions (GHSS) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization dedicated to seeking innovative solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases. We focus in three key areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and prevention; enhance field surveillance and epidemiological training for relevant animal and human-health to mitigate threats posed by diseases; and improve service delivery at all health levels.
Our major collaborators include: Ministries of Health, World Health Organization, the United State Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and several bi-lateral organizations.
Purpose: We are currently seeking outstanding and competent individuals for the following position:
Viral Load Support Staff; Fifty (50)
Contract Duration: Nine (09) months contract with possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive, Competitive, and Negotiable.
This position will greatly contribute to boost VL Coverage and testing activities as well as bridge the lab-clinic interphase and improve on the DLO network. The staff will assist the VL Reference labs and POCT facilities for VL, EID and TB to correctly document and communicate on sample rejection and critical VL results to referring facilities. The personnel will actively report on backlog and stock situations in the testing labs and liaise with each other and in collaboration with the Clinical partner and supply chain partner to move samples from one reference lab to another and ensure return of results to the original testing lab and then to the facilities. The personnel will assist the reference labs to report client results within the stated TAT.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be expected to perform the following duties:
1. Provide needed data on VL testing activities at the Reference labs and/or POCT Facility
2. Assist labs to document and report sample rejections to referring facilities as priority
3. Assist lab to document and communicate critical results to facilities within 24 hours
4. Provide real time data on sample backlog and stock situation as needed and monthly
5. Liaise with colleagues in other RL/POCT facilities to transport samples from one lab to another and ensure the return of results to lab of origin and to the facilities
6. Assist the labs to disaggregate testing data according to sex, age groups, referring facilities
7. Monitor TAT for samples at the lab and provide timely data as needed and at the end of the month
8. Assist the lab to document and implement corrective actions with invalid test results
9. Assist the labs to document errors and analyse causes and implement corrective action
10. Complete and submit month data collection form to the site mentor
11. Provide valuable data on other POCT such as TB and CD4 carried out at the facility
12. Report to the site mentor on any issues for guidance.
13. Perform other duties at sites as instructed by the site mentor and/or regional coordinator
- Laboratory Technician Diploma with at least three to five (3-5) years of laboratory work experience. Experience in handle viral load samples and viral load data is an added advantage
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory sciences with at least 2 years of laboratory work experience
- Knowledge of the computer and MS office programmes (word and excel) is highly recommended
- Knowledge of the use of POCT device to test for VL, EID, TB and CD4 etc. will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of laboratory Quality Assurance will be an added advantage
We strongly welcome early applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit the complete application files comprising; an application for employment, letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and scanned copies of all certificates.
Submission of Applications: Online submission via: email@example.com, or physical submission at our head office at GHSS Denver Bonamoussadi, Douala;opening hours for receipt of applications: 9am – 2pm, 27nd December 2021– 07th January 2022.
Check details on our website: www.ghsscm.org
Deadline: 09th January 2022
N.B: Applicants should be bilingual (fluent in English and French language)