Job Opportunity: Director of Programs
GHSS is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization dedicated to seeking innovative
solutions to strengthen health systems in developing countries for effective service delivery and
surveillance of infectious, non-infectious, and neglected tropical diseases. We focus in three key
areas: improve laboratory systems and services critical for disease management, surveillance, and
prevention; and improve service delivery at all health levels.
Purpose: We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to GHSS as the Director of Programs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work independently, think strategically, and translate strategies into delivery plans
with particular emphasis on details
- Ability to conceive projects and coordinate to develop grant proposals for funding
- Ability and experience to implement programs in the areas of disease prevention and control
- Ability and experience in conducting operational research, and surveillance activities
- A history of leading a team in managing complex public health data, analyzing and reporting
in standard formats.
- Skills in developing and coordinating a team to interpret data of health programs
- A strong record of working with national and or international partners
- A track record of delivery results in fast-paced, complex, and competitive environment
We strongly welcome early applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contract Period: 2 years, renewable
Salary: Attractive, competitive and negotiable
The candidate should have a Ph.D. + MPH or MSc in epidemiology or MD + MPH, with a strong
epidemiology background, with experience in managing projects and personnel.
Bilingual: English and French
Deadline: 10th October 2021
Applicants should submit a written motivation letter, curriculum vitae via email@example.com